Today, we’re getting to know Amanda Pittman By Her Shelf:
Amanda Pittman is a Christian, a wife, and a mother. She is the author of two books, “Reflecting God’s Beauty,” and “Love Your First Year of Marriage.” Amanda is the founder of the Confident Woman Mentorship Program and helps her husband pastor The Gathering Oasis Church Downtown. In her free time, Amanda creates social media content that inspires and equips women to be confident and Christ-centered.
In this episode, Amanda and I discuss:
- Consumption vs. creation in social media and reading
- Why even avid readers should give themselves space to write
- The odd reading habit Amanda shares with her mother
…and so much more.
Amanda was the very first person I interviewed for By Her Shelf, and this interview really set the tone for me. Her words about creating and using our voices were the exact encouragement I needed to hear as I was stepping into this new space. If you find yourself struggling with self-confidence or using your voice, I know you will be encouraged by this conversation as well.
- One of the most valuable things we’ve been given is our voice.
- It’s not that you don’t have any valuable thoughts, it’s that you haven’t give your mind any air to breathe.
- What are you doing with all the information you stored up?
- At the end of the day our confidence boils down to what we believe and if we believe the best about ourselves. If we believe what God says we are and who God says we are, then we’re going to walk in confidence.
- Having the mindset of contentment and compassion is a way we can reflect the beauty of God and not the ugliness of the world.
The Books (These are affiliate links. I receive a small commission if you buy through them at no cost to you):
- Amanda’s auto-buy author: Lysa TerKeurst
- Amanda’s current reads: Believe Bigger by Marshawn Daniels (Kindle)and It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst (Kindle)
- Books Amanda references when providing pre-marital counseling with her husband: The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman (Kindle), Amanda & her husband’s book, Love Your First Year of Marriage, and Saving Your Marriage before It Starts by Les & Leslie Parrott (Kindle)
- Amanda’s surprising book: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (Kindle)
- The best books for personal growth: The Bible
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren (Kindle)
- SYMBIS– Pre-Marital Counseling Program
- Amanda’s husband’s new book, Your Bible, Your Money
- Glow Getter Inc. (Instagram)
- Confident Woman Online Conference Recordings
- Amanda’s website, Instagram, and YouTube channel